- Bowles R.L., Damper R.I., Lucas S.M. (1988), "Combining evidence
from speech recognition processes," Proc. 7th Fase Symposium, 2, pages
669-674, Edinburgh 1988.
- Bowles R.L., Damper R.I. (1989) "Application of
Dempster-Shafer Theory of Evidence to Isolated-Word Speech
Recognition", Technical Report, 1989 Research Journal, Dept.
Electronics And Computer Science, University Of Southampton, pages
- Bowles R.L., Damper R.I. (1989) "Application of the
Dempster-Shafer Theory of Evidence to Improved-Accuracy Isolated-Word
Recognition", Eurospeech'89 European Conference On Speech Communication
And Technology, Paris, Sept. 1989, 2, pp. 384-387.
- Bowles R.L., (1992) "Combination of Evidence in Speech
Recognition", Thesis submitted for the Degree of Master of Philosophy,
University of Southampton, July 1992.
- Bowles R.L., (1995) "An Experiment into the Teaching
Capacity of Computers", Proc. WCCE'95, 6th I.F.I.P. World Conference On
Computers In Education, 1995.
- Bowles R.L., (2000) "An Introduction to Cellular
Assemblies", Proc. C@MDX'00 Conference on Good Practice in Computing,
Middlesex, Great Britain, March 2000.
- Huyck, C., and Bowles, R. 2004. Spontaneous neural firing
in biological and artificial neural systems. Journal of Cognitive
Systems 6:1 pages 31 to 40.